Welcome to Young Healthwatch
Who are we?
We are looking for young people in Northamptonshire between 11 to 24 years old who are keen to make a difference in health and social care and are interested in young people's rights and wellbeing.
You will have the opportunity, after training, to get involved as a mystery shopper, media squad or as a young champion depending on what floats your boat.
Do you like speaking up for others? Become a Mystery Shopper and work in a team visiting health services and look at how well they work with young people and what can be improved.
Are you more technical? Become part of the Media Squad and help us create and develop our advertising.
Are you a people person? Become a Young Champion and spread the word about us at events by giving out leaflets and asking people about their views of health and social care. You will meet regularly with other young people and Healthwatch staff to discuss issues and to raise anything you have discovered.
There are lots of short and long term benefits of volunteering with us including:
- Oppurtunities to socialise and meet new people you may not typicallly encounter
- Chances to have your say on decisions that will affect you and other young people in Northamptonshire
- Helping others by supporting a wotthwhile cause such as mental health
- Personal development from gaining real life skills that will help you beyond volunteering
- Oppurtunities to challenge your self. You will never know if you never try!
- And, of course, lots of FREEBIES!
Anya explains why she joined Young Healthwatch below
Keep up with us on our social media pages
yhwnorthants (scan our code)