For the most up to date information about COVID-19 be sure to check Gov.uk.
Page updated 20 April.
Coronavirus vaccination in Northamptonshire
The NHS is currently offering the COVID-19 vaccine to people most at risk from coronavirus.
In Northamptonshire, the vaccine is being offered by appointment at local vaccination clinics run by GPs and pharmacies, and at the Vaccination Centre in Moulton Park, Northampton.
Vaccinations are now being given to the following groups:
- people aged 45 and over
- people who are at high risk from coronavirus (clinically extremely vulnerable)
- people who live or work in care homes
- health and social care workers
- people with a condition that puts them at higher risk (clinically vulnerable)
- people with a learning disability
- people who are a main carer for someone at high risk from coronavirus
COVID-19 vaccine: what you need to know
Healthwatch England has put together what you need to know about the COVID-19 vaccination programme, including how you will know when it's your turn, where to go, and why it's important.
Criminals are taking advantage of the COVID-19 vaccine rollout using a convincing scam text message to steal personal and financial details.
The text contains a link that leads to a convincing fake NHS website with an application form which asks for your bank/card details in order to check your identity. You can read more information about this on the Which? Consumer website.
Whilst the NHS may contact you by text message you will never be asked to give personal or payment details – the vaccination is free.
Please warn your family and friends to be vigilant.