At the Healthwatch Northamptonshire Annual meeting held on 30th June 2014 we launched our Annual report 2014. The Annual report details achievements and impacts that we have made both nationally and locally over the last twelve months. It highlights the significant contribution that volunteers have made to ensuring the public voice is heard in the shaping and commissioning of health and social care services as well as outlining some key areas of work that have help establish us as a robust credible consumer champion.
- We spoke to 1,153 people during our September 2013 Make Your Voice Count Campaign. Waiting times at A&E and appointments to see a GP were your top concerns
- We recruited lots of new volunteers, reaching a total of 107 members of our Healthwatch volunteer community
- In our pilot to assess the quality of home care services, we spoke to 37 people about the quality of their care. Biggest concern is the short amount of time paid carers could give and pressure on paid carers
- We spoke to 165 patients using Muscular Skeletal (MSK) services and 35 staff working in MSK services
- During September and October 2013, we launched our Make Your Voice Count Campaign